2 1/2 carrots
1 green pepper
Chop onions, dice carrots and green peppers
1 Tbsp vinegar (approximately)
1 beef bouillon (what we have here is a cube similar to beef bouillon, the brand is Maggai, I think you can find this in the states)
1-2 Tbsp of Adja (approximately) this again is a seasoning that is brown. I’m not sure if you can buy it in the states, but it contains salt, MSG (please no criticisms we know this is not healthy for a person) corn starch, wheat flour, and sugar
Mix this all together with the chopped onions, carrots and green pepper and let marinate.
- Fry potatoes until they are dry like french fries and remove.
- Fry fish or chicken until done and remove
- Fry onion mixture until soft, it takes a while
- After onion mixture is fried, add potatoes and mix together, then add fish or chicken back in to heat it all up, cover and turn off stove when heated.
- Let it sit until rice is done.
- Serve over rice in one dish…that’s if you want to eat it the way we do here.
There is another burner that is just out of the picture.
French Onion Soup
Kusherie (Egyptian Rice and Lentils)
Middle Eastern Lentil Soup
Tuna Noodle Casserole
Lentil Tacos - thank you to our co-worker who shared her recipe with me. Now I just need to get a tortilla press, which I just recently found out exist!
Stir-Fry (we use any veggies we can find)
3 or 4 good sized potatoes
salt and pepper
1 or 2 cans of spam
1/2 c. rice, uncooked
3 chicken bouillon cubes
5 c. water
1/2 c. diced carrots
1 c. diced potatoes
1 minced onion
1/2 c. finely cut celery (we don’t have celery so we eat it without)
1 c. canned tomatoes (I use one or two fresh tomatoes, chopped)
2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper
Add when ready to serve:
1 c. milk (I use powdered milk)