Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Quiet Mornings

Something I have enjoyed tremendously since we have gotten home is quiet mornings. Sitting on our porch, with my Bible, my journal and my coffee, spending time with the only One that matters.  Today, though was extra special.  God woke me up at 4:00 a.m. with a child that needed something. After we got him back in bed, I desperately tried to fall back to sleep.  Michael also, couldn't quite go back to sleep.  He got up at 5:00 to go to prayer with some other men, so I decided to come downstairs to spend some quiet time with God.  Well, my quiet time with God was not what I expected at all.  It was better than I could've expected.  I got to spend time with Him and then He led me to have a conversation with an incredible young lady.  I had brought my phone out with me because I was checking a different version of a scripture reference and my phone showed that this young lady was on Facebook.  Well, we started talking and God just dropped down into the middle of our conversation.

We can keep ourselves so busy or self-consumed that we miss what God is putting in front of us.  This has happened to me so many times, I am sure. I am praising God that he slowed me down this summer and showed me how to listen to Him and His promptings. This is something I think God is preparing me for when we serve in Guinea Bissau.  Interruptions will become a common occurrence. I love quiet mornings, but I am so blessed by the sweet interruptions. My word to you is be open to God's interruptions.  Be willing to put aside what your agenda is and listen to the promptings from God, His whisper in the storm.

Karen

2 comments:

  1. Amen to divine appointments/interruptions that can be seen that way only because we've quieted our hearts with God.

    ReplyDelete