Saturday, August 10, 2013

What are our kids thinking?

As we prepare for our move to Guinea Bissau, our kids have been walking through the emotions of leaving home just like we have been. Here are some of those thoughts from our kids:

Isaiah: I like my lego set that is x-wing, but I lost Jed Porkins behind the wall.  Daddy thinks he got him out, but I know he's still back there.  I want my Daddy to buy me a new lego set that is really small so I can bring it to Africa.  I really like legos.

Lydia: I can't wait to go to Africa, but I am going to miss all my friends.  When I come back, I will probably have lots of stories to tell.  Here's a story from now. This week, our storage lockers came from UPS and they all came in really big boxes.  We had three big boxes all together.  Mom let us use them as houses.  Mine is the only one that has survived. I cut a window in mine and made a porch.  I locked my front door, so now to get into my house, I have to climb through the window.  I like that we got these boxes, not just because mommy and daddy can pack more, but because now we have these great boxes to play in!  


Lydia in her box house.  

Josiah: A couple days ago was my birthday and I got three new lego sets.  One was a dirt bike, one a trash can and one a star wars.  I am excited for the plane because I can play with some of my legos. 

Micah: I am going to miss my friends when I go to Africa soooooo much, but I am excited to go.  I am excited to fly in the airplane.  Mommy has been packing my carry on bag.  I have a bag of cookies in there, and I have a bag of crayons so I can color and I have my polly pockets to play with and my playdoh and I'm going to bring my blankie.  I have a little neck rest thing so when I go to sleep I will be comfy this way and comfy that way, left and right.  


Micah with her 'neck rest thing'.  

Jada didn't have any words to share at this time.  Maybe she will think of something later and want to write her own blog.  She is a girl of few words but loves to read many.

We hope you enjoyed hearing from our kids in this post.  They have new thoughts and ideas about our move to Guinea Bissau almost everyday.  Some days they are sad and don't want to go, but then some days they are so excited they just want to get on the plane that day.  I am sure as our house gets more and more empty, it will become more and more real for them.

We appreciate the prayers that many of you are praying daily for our family.  We can feel God's arms wrapped around us.  It is only by God's grace that our kids have been continually adjusting to what is happening around them.  We are blessed through this whole process.  

1 comment:

  1. Hey, guys! I am thrilled to hear that you have your tickets and are set to leave on August 26! That's exciting! Lydia,Jada, Josiah, Isaiah and Micah - you are going to have so much fun on the plane ride there. Everytime you go up and down, be sure to say, "Wheeee." If anyone looks at you funny, tell them Pastor Dave from Edgerton, Indiana said it is ok! The folks at Edgerton are really excited for all of you as you transition to this new ministry role. We love you!

    ReplyDelete