Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Provisions

Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me anything in my name, I will do it.  John 14:13  How true those words are.  Before I had left for Gambia with the little girl that was to have surgery, we had prayed that I would have a supernatural ability to speak and understand Creole, and God gave me that.  Since I have returned, I have still been able to speak and understand Creole, just not as well as I did in the hospital. We had prayed for Ramatulai to have this surgery and for God to give her a smooth and quick recovery, and God granted that to us.  Ramatulai had her surgery and recovered nicely.  She still cannot speak smoothly, but truly, she needs speech therapy to relearn how to form her words.  However, reading that verse from John, I know that God could make her speak clearly.  God was walking with me every step while I was in Gambia with Ramatulai and her family and He continues to walk with me every step today.  God is always with us.  It is when we stop seeking Him that we think he left us, when in reality, it is us that left Him. 

Here are some photos to show how God has provided this past month. 



Ramatulai just days after her surgery.  The reason she has white tape on her face is because she had a feeding tube. Today she can eat rice! 



We started an addition onto our house. We thank God for this blessing and for all the materials, the funds and the people to get this job done. 



One night while I was cooking supper, my gas ran out for my stove.  We had no more to replace the tank, so I finished our supper over fire.  I am so thankful for how God provided many opportunities for me to learn from the women here how to cook over fire. 



God continues to provide us delicious food. There is also always enough for us to share, even when I think there is not enough.



God also provides us opportunities to rest and enjoy a little comfort food. 

We are currently on vacation and enjoying rest and relaxation.  God has provided people along the way to make our time even more enjoyable.  

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Matthew 6:33  

Draw near to God and he will draw near to you. James 4:8a


No comments:

Post a Comment